Ed & Beth Harvey

Ed & Beth Harvey
The Namesake of Our Group

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Headwest 2009 Day 1

So the first day is behind us now. 520 miles later we arrived in Richmond, Indiana. As we were checking into the hotel it started raining. As we started to get our stuff into the rooms it started pouring down rain. Unfortunately the Lynchburg crew got caught and had to ride in the the rain. As I am typing this they are pulling in and I have a feeling they are pretty miserable right about now.
We are going to grab something to eat and hit the bed pretty early. It has been a long day and a few of us got sun burned. I have not downloaded any pictures yet, but as soon as I do I will add them.
It's only the first day and we are learning a lot about some of our crew. Especially Mike's personal hygiene preferences! Tomorrow is a 450 mile day so even thought it's a long one, at least it's shorter than today.
Mable and the kids have done great in the truck. Everybody has been awesome about looking out for her and making sure she doesn't get left behind. Below is the link to the instamapper track from today. I had to turn it off on one of the segments because my battery was dying, but I did get segments 1,2 and 4.
http://www.instamapper.com/trk?key=17289631454830921412
That's all for now, but we will be posting again each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment